June 19, 2012: This week’s Race Roundup follows the first public Circuit of the Americas event, Formula Expo, which was held June 16-17 in Austin. The event was attended by at least 15,000 people – and hopefully converted some curious onlookers to future F1 fans.
- The big news today is that Circuit of the Americas released tickets to two new bleachers at the track – called Turn 9 and Turn 11 West. Click here for tickets | Hotels
Turn 9 and Turn 11 West will be offered as Grandstand bleacher seating. These two extremely unique turns offer outstanding views of Formula 1 racing!
Turn 9 slopes toward Turn 10 (the second highest elevation) and gives an incredible view of the cars as they speed downhill towards Turn 11.
Turn 11 West is the perfect location to spot overtaking cars as they rush down the hill from Turn 10 at speeds of 180 MPH to take the hairpin Turn 11 before accelerating full throttle down the longest straightaway on the track.
- via Circuit of the Americas. COTA ticket prices start at $284.16 for Turn 11 West and $315.24 for Turn 9.
- One of the perks of living in a city that’s preparing for a massive, international sporting event is access to lots of photos. In the gallery above are some shots from the media preview day we attended at the Formula Expo, as well as new aerial photography of track progress from our friends at Austin Helicopter Tours. You can clearly see the asphalt being laid on parts of the track, and if you have your tickets (you do have your tickets, right?) you can get an idea of what your seat’s vantage point will be. Check out more Austin F1 photos in our open Flickr group.
- KHP Consulting, an independent marketing agency out of London, has been contracted to handle promotions for Circuit of the Americas. KHP has been working with various high-profile sports entities, including F1 tracks in Korea and Abu Dhabi, for over 25 years. KHP also has offices in Abu Dhabi and New York City.
- The City of Austin wants to hear from local businesses about how they feel the USGP will help or hurt their companies. A COTA + Austin survey has been released in anticipation of a new website to be launched in conjunction with local government agencies to provide more information about November’s race date.
- Check back here for updated information on parking and the shuttle bus transit that’s included in your 3-day ticket to the US Grand Prix.
Nov. 9, 2012: Good race weekend planning will help your trip to the US Grand Prix go smoothly. ...
Race Schedule for 2012 - 2013 at the Circuit of the Americas See more of this calendar, plus ...
Aug., 28, 2012: Round Trip Shuttle Service to and from the Circuit of the Americas offered by the ...